Terms & Conditions
Please ensure that you read and understand these Conditions before you agree to be bound by them (in particular Clause 3 & 8)
- Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 In these Conditions:
Contract - means any contract for the sale of goods and/or the supply of services between us and you into which these Conditions are incorporated;
Conditions - means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out below, including the Returns Policy and any special terms and conditions confirmed in writing by us;
Goods - means the goods and/or services which we shall supply in accordance with these Conditions, under an order which is accepted;
Returns Policy – means the standard terms and conditions found here, Returns policy, applicable when Goods are returned to us by you and which are hereby incorporated to these Conditions.
1.2 "Working Days" means Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm (UK Time) and excludes bank, public and statutory holidays
we - means Menswearr Group, and “us” and “our” shall be construed accordingly;
you - means the person placing an order for the Goods and entering into the Contract with us and “your” shall be construed accordingly;
- 1.3 The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- 1.4 Unless expressly stated otherwise, where rights and decisions are to be exercised or made at our discretion, then we shall be under no duty or obligation to you to justify or provide a reason for the decision.
- 1.5 Where our prior written consent is required in these Conditions, we shall not unreasonably withhold or delay in giving that consent.
- 1.6 All rights expressly reserved by or granted to us by these Conditions shall be without prejudice to any other rights which we may have from time to time.
- 1.7 We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions should the need arise.
- Basis of Sale
- 2.1 These Conditions (as updated by us from time to time) shall set out the entire agreement. No variation of these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by us and attached hereto. You will be subject to the policies and terms in place at the time you order the Goods from us, unless such change is required by law or government or regulatory authority (in which case it will apply to any orders you have previously placed). These Conditions apply to all purchases you make from us at any time, regardless of how the order is made.
- 2.2 Our employees and agents are not authorised to make any representation concerning the Goods unless confirmed by us to you in writing. In entering into a Contract you acknowledge that you have not relied on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
- 2.3 Where Goods are to be delivered by instalments, each instalment shall constitute a separate Contract. Failure by us to deliver any instalment shall not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
- 2.4 All specifications, drawings and particulars of weights, dimensions and performance issued by us are approximate only.
- 2.5 We reserve the right to withdraw any offer or special promotions without notice. In the event that you have already placed an order under the Conditions that we have accepted we will provide you with a full refund for any money received.
- Orders and Specifications
- 3.1 Your order represents an offer to purchase the Goods which is accepted by us when we issue you with written acceptance of the order. Our acceptance of your order is conditional upon the Goods being intended for personal use and not for resale. By placing an order you warrant that you are at least 16 years old. All orders are subject to availability and on a first-come first-served basis as unfortunately we are unable to reserve Goods. We reserve the right to refuse to accept an order.
- 3.2 If we reasonably believe you are intending to resell the Goods (whether in your brick and mortar shop, on e-Bay or otherwise) we reserve the right to refuse your order. In the event we do accept your order we will be entitled to treat you as a commercial customer and:-
- 3.2.1 the rights afforded in clause 10 (Your Right to Cancel) will not apply;
- 3.2.2 the terms of our Returns Policy’ will be withdrawn;
- 3.2.3 we will only accept returned Goods within seven days of dispatch if they were defective at the time of receipt;
- 3.2.4 we will charge a reasonable handling fee, which shall exclude packaging and/or delivery costs for which you shall be liable and which will be confirmed prior to your order being accepted; and
- 3.2.5 make such other amendments to these Conditions as we deem necessary and only accept an order upon acceptance of the same.
- 3.3 You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details of any order submitted by you, and for giving us any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable us to perform the Contract in accordance with these Conditions. We shall not be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by you due to inaccurate information submitted by you or, if the goods are ordered by mobile telephone, as a result of network failure.
- 3.4 If the Goods are to be manufactured or any process is to be applied to the Goods by us in accordance with a specification submitted by you, (1) the terms of Clause 10 (Your Right to Cancel) shall not apply; (2) you shall indemnify us against all loss, damages, costs and expenses awarded against or incurred by us in connection with or paid or agreed to be paid by us in settlement of any claim for infringement of any patent, copyright, design right, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any other person which results from our use of your specification; (3) We reserve the right to make changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform with any applicable statutory or EU requirements.
- Price of the Goods
- 4.1 The price of the Goods shall be the price confirmed by us at the time the order is placed.
- 4.2 While we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered (whether this by our error or an error by any third party), we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of re-confirming the order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you have already paid for the goods and the order is subsequently cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
- 4.3 In the event that we are unable to supply the Goods at the price or specification stated in the order, we will where possible notify you of any changes and where the Goods ordered are not available we may offer you substitute goods whereby you will be asked to re-confirm your order at the new price and/or specification. You are not obliged to accept any substitute Goods and will be entitled to receive a full refund if you confirm that the substitute Goods are not acceptable.
- 4.4 The price is inclusive of any applicable value added tax or other sales tax (at the rate from time to time in force). Any packaging or delivery costs for which you shall be liable will be confirmed prior to your order being placed.
- Terms of Payment
- 5.1 Please see our Payment Options for our terms of payment.
- 5.2 If you fail to make any payment on the due date then we reserve the right to: (a) cancel the Contract or suspend further deliveries to you; (b) charge you a reasonable amount of interest on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 3% above Barclays Bank Plc base rate from time to time from the date the amount was due until payment is made in full, accruing pro rata on a daily basis.
- 5.3 In the event that a cheque or credit card payment is dishonoured by your bank or credit card provider, they (being your bank, credit card provider or our debt collection companies) may charge a fee. Where we incur any fee or liability as a result of a dishonoured payment, you will be liable to reimburse us in full for the amount we have incurred.
- 5.4 All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Menswearr Group will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, credit reference services). We reserve the right to instruct a third party to complete these checks. By ordering from our website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order and we shall not be liable for any delay or non-delivery this may cause. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 6.1 You shall make all arrangements to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- 6.2 We aim to provide you with an approximate date on which the Goods will be ready for collection or delivery. Where we become aware that the date of delivery may be delayed, we shall notify you as soon as possible and aim to provide you with a revised date. We shall not be liable for any loss you incur, whether financial or otherwise, resulting directly or indirectly from our delay or failure to meet the estimated date. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed in writing by us. We may deliver the Goods in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving you reasonable notice.
- 6.3 If we fail to deliver the Goods (or any instalment) for any reason other than any cause beyond our reasonable control or your fault, and we are accordingly liable to you, our liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to you (in the cheapest available market) of similar goods to replace those not delivered over the price of the Goods.
- 6.4 If you ask our delivery provider to leave the goods in a safe place or at checkout request special instructions then you are deemed to accept total liability for the goods if we comply with your instructions.
- 6.5 In the event we fail to deliver the Goods to the cardholder’s registered address or any such alternative address within 90 days’ or following 3 attempts by us (whichever is earlier) due to reason(s) reasonably considered to be your fault than we may in our discretion refund the sum paid to us by you and cancel the Contract.
- 6.6 If you fail to take delivery of the Goods or fail to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery then we reserve the right to store the Goods until actual delivery and charge you for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage or subsequent delivery charges which we may incur.
- 6.7 Please see our Delivery and Returns policy for postage charges.
- 6.8 If you choose to have Goods delivered to another country you will be liable for any custom requirements and duties that are applicable to that country. We accept no responsibility for these requirements and duties. Any such charges must be borne by you and you are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are importing the Goods. We shall not be liable for delayed delivery times due to packages being inspected by customs.
- Risk and Property
- 7.1 Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to you in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at our premises, at the time of delivery or, if you fail to take delivery of the Goods, the time when you have collected the Goods.
- 7.2 Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk for the Goods to you, the transfer of the ownership of the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods.
- 7.3 Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to you and where you fail to pay for the Goods in accordance with these Conditions, we shall be entitled, at any time, to require you to deliver up the Goods to us and, if you fail to do so seek a court order to permit us to enter upon any premises where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
- Warranties and Liability
- 8.1 Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, and except where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law. Where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer
- 8.2 Where the Goods are sold under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976, as amended) your legal rights are not affected by these Conditions. Further information on your legal rights can be obtained from Trading Standards or Citizens Advice Bureaux.
- 8.3 The warranty contained in Clause 8.1 does not apply to any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the Goods in a way that we do not recommend, your failure to follow our instructions, or any alteration or repair you carry out without our prior written approval.
- 8.4 In the unlikely event that the Goods do not conform to these Conditions, please let us know as soon as possible after delivery. We will collect the Goods on a date agreed between us or ask you to return the Goods to us at our cost and once we have checked that the Goods are faulty, we will either:
- (a) provide you with a full or partial refund;
- (b) replace the Goods; or
- (c) repair the Goods.
- 8.5 Subject to clause 8.6 and clause 8.7, if either of us fails to comply with these Conditions, neither of us shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these Conditions.
- 8.6 Subject to clause 8.7, neither of us shall be responsible for losses that result from our failure to comply with these Conditions which fall into the categories of loss of income or revenue, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, any waste of time. However, this clause 8.6 shall not prevent claims for foreseeable loss of, or damage to, your physical property.
- 8.7 Nothing in these Conditions excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- 9.1 Neither party shall be liable to the other or deemed to be in breach of Contract by reason of delay or failure to perform any of that party’s obligations if the delay or failure is due to an act or cause beyond that party’s reasonable control.
- 9.2 These Conditions do not purport to confer a benefit on any third party.
- 9.3 Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in writing or by email addressed to the other party and delivered to the address or email address provided at the time the order is confirmed or any subsequent or alternative address which one party may notify to the other from time to time.
- 9.4 Where we do not take action against you for any breach of the Contract, we shall not be prevented from taking action against you in respect of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- 9.5 Where any competent authority deems any Condition to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, then the offending part shall be removed and the validity of the remainder of the Conditions shall not be affected.
- 9.6 The Contract and these Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 9.7 We reserve the right to monitor and record telephone calls our staff receive and make, in order to monitor staff performance and ensure the highest service possible is provided to our customers.
- 9.8 The copyright in all photographs and images are owned by us or our suppliers and descriptions contained in our catalogue on our website are owned by us and may not be reproduced without the express consent of Menswearr Group.
- 9.9 All dealings between us in connection with these Conditions and each Contract shall be carried on in the English language.
- 9.10 You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these Terms.
- Your Right to Cancel
- 10.1 If, for any reason you are unhappy with the Goods, you have the right to cancel your order at any time within 14 calendar days from the day on which the Goods were received. Click here to cancel.
- 10.2 If you wish to cancel before the Goods are dispatched, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible. You may contact us by email or phone or use our online form located here.
- 10.3 If you wish to cancel after the Goods are dispatched, please return the Goods to us indicating whether you require an exchange or refund as soon as possible. We suggest if you require an exchange, that you place a separate order so as not to be disappointed if stock is no longer available after we’ve received your return. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods whilst they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we have a right of action against you for compensation. Please refer to our Returns policy.
- 10.4 Please note that the right of cancellation does not apply where Goods are specifically made to your specification or personalised at your request.
- Promotional Codes
- 11.1 We may make available to you promotional codes from time to time. Any use by you of a promotional code in respect of an order shall only be permitted where used by the person for whom it is intended and for a single use.
- 11.2 Promotional codes are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- 11.3 There is no cash alternative available in respect of the promotional code.
- 11.4 We may withdraw the promotional codes at any time without notice.
- 11.5 Promotional codes are only available on confirmed orders unless otherwise stated.
- 11.6 Promotional codes cannot be used against postage and packaging costs.
- 11.7 Promotion codes cannot be used after the expiration date.
- 11.8 Promotional codes will only be accepted if submitted at the point of order. We will not subsequently apply a promotional code if the order is submitted without the promotional codes application. Please check your order thoroughly before placing to avoid disappointment.
- 11.9 The promotional code will be applied proportionally to the Goods. Any returns or refunds on Goods purchased with the benefit of the promotional code will be on the proportional price as indicated in the sales invoice.
- 12.1 We may in our sole discretion offer competitions to you at such times and in such manners as we deem appropriate.
- 12.2 All prizes offered are non-transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
- 12.3 There will be one entry per person, per residential address only unless otherwise stated. We may in our discretion deem duplicate entries void.
- 12.4 There will be only one winner per competition, drawn at random after the closing date unless otherwise stated.
- 12.5 Our decision as to the winner of the competition is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- 12.6 Winners will be notified by email.
- 12.7 Prizes will be delivered to your nominated address at our expense. You shall inform us of all information necessary to ensure that the prize is delivered as soon as reasonably practicably.
- 12.8 Employees, families and friends of Menswearr Group are not allowed entry.
- 12.9 Please read the terms and conditions of any competition carefully before taking part in the same.
- 13.1 Multibuy promotions may be offered by us in our sole discretion. This offer entitles you to buy one get one free, or get the lowest priced item stated in the promotion free or the reduced price when you buy at least the minimum number of qualifying items in a single transaction. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the promotion at any point without notice.
- 13.2 Multibuy promotions will not be available on permanently reduced items, sale items items.
- 13.3 We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the promotion at any time.
- 13.4 No cash alternative will be given.
- 13.5 If you require an exchange or refund of the Goods then all qualifying items must be returned. The free or discounted item cannot be refunded for money or credit.
- 13.6 If your original order was part of a Multibuy or contained a promotional discount code then we will take this into account so the refund price of individual items may differ from the original selling price.
- Suit Promotion Packages
- 14.1 Suit package promotions are offered where the order may contain a free shirt or tie or other item. These will normally be required to be added to the basket before checkout to take advantage of these offers. We cannot add these garments after an order is made and if the order does not contain such free promotional items then they cannot be added later.
- 14.2 If only part of a suit package is returned then the promotion package will be deemed to not apply and the appropriate proportion of the full retail price of the order will be refunded and the retained items will be treated as being sold at full price before calculation of any refund due.
- 14.3 Offer applies to Jacket and Trouser only. Waistcoats are available as an optional extra.
- Menswearr Group,
Unit 3 Intec 2,
Tel: +441256 541 600